To Support Your Horses Joint Health
- Contains a full 12g Glucosamine per 30g serve
- Provided from Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCL) - backed by research
- Also provides MSM and Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Great value joint and mobility support for all horses and ponies
- BETA NOPS and UFAS accredited, ensuring our products do not contain prohibited substances and are suitable for horses competing under FEI regulations and the Rules of Racing.
Wear and tear on the cartilage which covers the articular surfaces of joints is one of the most common causes of reduced mobility in horses and ponies. It is often seen in older horses but can affect those in lighter work, as well those with a strenuous training and competition programme.
Cartilage doesn’t have its own blood supply and it relies on the bone underneath and the synovial or joint fluid bathing the joint to supply nutrients and key compounds to maintain its health and shock-absorbing properties. As the horse ages, or the daily impact of training and competition increases, the ability of the underlying bone and synovial fluid to provide these nutrients may not be enough to maintain health, resulting in stiffness and reduced mobility.
It then becomes important that the horse receives a dietary supply of these key nutrients to ensure the cartilage and joint fluid retain their elasticity and shock-absorbing properties to support joint health, comfort, and mobility.
Ingredients & Nutrition
Glucosamine is one of the key compounds in supporting joint health, and has 3 important roles:
- To stimulate the production of the proteoglycans which help produce the strong, elastic, shock absorbing properties of the collagen matrix in the cartilage
- To help reduce the degradation of cartilage
- It has antioxidant properties and helps promote a normal inflammatory response.
MSM helps to promote a normal inflammatory response
Hyaluronic Acid is important in maintaining the viscosity and elastic shock absorbing properties of joint fluid
Glucosamine HCl 12000 provides these 3 key nutrients to provide nutritional support for both cartilage repair, and to help maintain healthy joint fluid to lubricate and nourish the joint.
Key Ingredients Per 30g Serving
|Crude Protein18.2%||Crude Fibre<1.0%|
|Crude Fat<1.0%||Crude Ash10.3%|
Directions For Use
For 500kg horse: for initial 10 days, 30g per day. Thereafter, may be reduced to 15g per day, to maintain the desired response.
Composition: Dextrose, Glucosamine hydrochloride , Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM), Hyaluronic Acid.
Everyday Vitamins and Minerals: to ensure key nutrients are maintained on a high forage and/or restricted intake diet.
Apple Lytes: to replace electrolyte losses through sweating
Supreme Omega Oil: great for helping skin and coat condition